Finance and HR Coordinator (combined role).
Permanent role, Southend-on-Sea, Salary negotiable and dependent upon qualifications and experience
We are looking for a Qualified or Qualified by experience accountant to fill the role of financial controller. They should have experience of supervising staff and be confident with all aspects of the statutory requirements of a SME.
Rega Research Ltd has 130 permanent staff, a £13.5 million turnover and a £21 million balance sheet. It is an all-encompassing role which can take you far beyond the role of financial control, Rega will allow you to flourish in all aspects of running a successful manufacturing company. You will be part of a coordination team that collectively takes full control of the running and direction of the company, no one will stop you being involved in design, production, marketing or whatever takes your interest. Most coordinators within Rega will cover more than one role and this vacancy is no exception, we are looking for someone with financial skills, including payroll and ideally would be happy to help with HR. We are looking for someone with the skills to assist with the direction and long-term planning of the company, someone that will update and progress our financial processes and give their full commitment to a hugely rewarding role within a progressive and friendly environment.
Responsible for the smooth running of the accounting functions of the company ensuring all accounting standards and legislation are adhered to and keeping abreast of changes in law.
Managing staff within the accounts dept.
Have an understanding of Rega’s commercial strategies and ensure the organisation has the financial and staffing capacity to meet these.
To Provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data and preparing reports.
If prepared to take on the HR challenge then they would need to support all aspects of HR across the full employee lifecycle.
Main financial duties
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations
- Cash flow planning and management
- VAT Returns (export and import experience desirable)
- Run Monthly payroll
- Manage P11D’s and annual Returns
- Prepare monthly management accounts and monitor GP and NP percentages
- Prepare monthly management report
- Prepare year end financial accounts and full audit file
- Asset management
- Overhead analysis
- Check aged debtors
- Run monthly stock valuation
- Sign off monthly purchase ledger payment run
- Monitor sales to budget
- Prepare annual budget and regular review
- Oversee all month end procedures
- Quarterly Corporation tax payments
- Understanding of company structure and Rega pension fund
- Understanding of current R&D rules and Patent Box Tax Relief
Main HR duties
- Issue and update of contracts and other HR admin
- Advising and helping with disciplinaries and reviews
- Competent accountant that should have prior experience of running an accounts dept. ideally within manufacturing.
- Full and complete ability to run payroll with a high understanding of statutory pay, tax, benefits and pensions. Training can be arranged.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good Excel skills with experience of finance systems. MRP system knowledge would be an advantage.
- Ability to work within a progressive management structure which regards its culture and ethos as much as the products it produces.
- Team player committed to ensuring that the overall objectives are met.
- To have empathy and understanding whilst dealing with HR issues.
- Salary negotiable and dependent upon qualifications and experience
- 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) increasing with long service
- Annual profit related bonus
- Free lunch prepared by our inhouse canteen
This vacancy is managed by Rega.