Chef and Canteen supervisor
Permanent role, Southend-on-Sea, Salary £25,000 to £27,000 dependant on experience
Reference: Chef and canteen supervisor 27_10_23
Rega provides free meals for all of our 130 staff on a daily basis. We are looking for another chef to work alongside our current chef to ensure that our staff have a mid-morning snack and a freshly prepared healthy hot lunch. They should have experience of cooking for a maximum of a 100 covers per day with an up-to-date hygiene certificate level 3 and full working knowledge of kitchen H&S requirements. Driving license is essential. The applicant must be able to cook and serve on their own when their colleague is on holiday.
Hours – 8.15AM til 4.00PM with a half hour break. Total of 36.25 hours.
Salary – Between £25k and £27k dependent on experience.
Holiday – 28 days per annum (inc. Bank holidays).
- To ensure that the canteen is open every working day and there is sufficient food for the entire workforce.
- To ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed.
- To ensure you are up to date with all new legislation re food preparation and are up to date with hygiene certification.
- To ensure you are acquainted with all staff’s allergies. Including new staff.
- To ensure that you keep the “safer food better business (S.F.B.B) up to date on a daily basis.
- To ensure that you are aware of the kitchen rules and regulation.
- Maintain the kitchen is clean and safe to serve food
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
- Liaise with Roy re menus, ingredients and cooking processes.
- Ensure Rega’s strict food policy is adhered to.
- Be aware of factory visitors and prepare accordingly
- To be available for the occasional evening meal when we have a large number of visitors staying at Roy’s.
- Pest control regulations abided by
- Plan weekly menus and research new and interesting taste sensations, always bearing in mind healthy and nutritional values.
- Order food for morning break and lunch in good time.
- Knowledge of and be able to complete S.F.B.B book on a daily basis
- Prepare and cook food
- Clean the kitchen at the end of each day
This vacancy is managed by Rega.